Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

I find it completely ironic that Friday the 13th has been the best day of my life for the past several years now. It could be my appreciation of the number thirteen as it is my second favorite two digit number. (The first being 21.) There have just been so many happy memories and "lucky" stories. Probably the best date I ever had was on Friday the 13th, which was both happy and lucky. LOL I would just like to say that today has been wonderful. I believe that we should make this day a true holiday and everone should get over 13 as a bad number. When you add the digits together that equals four. It can't be that bad considering that the number four is very popular currently. (That one was for Luke :)) I am going to tell you why today was so amazing, you will just have to muse with me for only a minute longer.
Today was great because I got up, got dressed, and walked to the school at ten. I read my book and listened to music as I walked, and I didn't trip, get lost, and I wasn't bored the whole ten minutes. Then I got into the school and all of my group showed up this time. We then all walked to our Russian speech class where I learned some pretty cool words and how to make Blini, or for Erin, crepes. I will totally send you the ingredient list and you can make them on your own and have amazing dinners!!! With Nutella. It will be just like European connection, I promise. After Russian class, I went home to get some jello out of my fridge that I was going to use for a lesson today, and discovered several other boxes of jello. This is so much cooler than it sounds because I needed a box of Jello for class and I didn't know what I was going to do without it. Then I get to the school and I gather all the supplies I needed and set up class thirty minutes early so that I would be ready for the kids this time. This whole week I have been too late and everything starts off crazy. Opening went awesome! Then gym went awesome and the kids were talking to each other and were being good because they liked what I was doing. Then we had Jello in our next lesson and all the kids totally liked Jello and paid attention again. I thought I was going to cry because of how good everyone was being. It was a super plus because the kids picked up on how much I smiled at them today and wanted to come to my class. (The native coordinator came into my class earlier this week and told me that I needed to be less loud and smile more because the kids were afraid of me.) Life is good. I left the school so happy and excited to go back on Monday even though my teacher should be arriving tomorrow. She got on the plan today and I found that out today which made me even more happy. Then I came home and read my mom's e-mail about black spray painted roses for my dad and laughed so hard I cried, then I watch V-for-Vendetta and cried because the movie is so beautiful. I ate grilled chesse sandwiches and my family knows my record for how well those go for me and they came out perfect. I also opened a random bag of grilled vegetables that I bought at the store and they were amazing. Then I ate a snickers bar which is my favorite candy and now I am writing this super upbeat e-mail all about how wonderful Friday the 13th really is. *Sign of Contentment*
I have to mention that the rest of this week has been incredibly stressful and I was dreading today because kids are always crazy on Fridays and I was not super excited to clean up a Jello mess just in case it didn't go well. I would like to thank everyone that has been praying for me because I have felt the help and I know today was truly inspired by a Heavenly Father who loves me and knew that I needed this day to get me through the rest of my time here in Russia. Thank you thank you thank you.
So now that you have puked because of the oozing happiness from this blog, I would like to give you a heads up on what to expect in the coming days. I will be going to Swan Lake the ballet tomorrow, with a very famous composer that I will be able to spell someday. I get one long weekend this month that we might go to a monastary and a cemetary! As bizzar as that sounds, I imagine this could possible be the best vacation of my entire time here. Monks and dead people, could life really get any better? lol
I also have another long vacation in March that I will be going to Finland and Sweden. I haven't decided if I want to go to the Baltics yet because I would like to spend some time in St. Petersberg. I don't think that I will get a whole lot of other opportunities to visit Russia like the opportunity that I have now. Then again, will I get to see the Baltics? I would ask for your advice, but I don't want you to throw anything at me because I get the opportunity to travel to these places.
My last thoughts right now to conclude, I love snickers bars, Hugo Weaver is amazing, I miss all of you, and my apartment smells like cabbage soup.

1 comments:

Jake and Madi said...

first of all, i am SO glad you had such an amazing day. you needed that!! and second, i think you are the only person i know who has a first and second favorite two digit number. but just knowing that i'm dying to know what your favorite single digit number is. and second favorite :) oh and your mom is hilarious. how did the roses go over?