Sunday, February 22, 2009

Good, bad, and silly






Having all of my teachers here has been a blessing and a curse. It is good to have time to be a head teacher, but now I can't use the excuse that I am pulling double duty when I am not doing something that I am supposed to. :( Emily fits in really well and we like having her. My group of teachers are good people and I love them all. I have had the opportunity to hang out with some of the other groups and I am glad to be the head teacher here. It is going to be an awesome three more months. It is crazy to think that almost a whole month has gone by.



We went to the ballet. I cannot say that I was totally impressed with the "Russian ballet" it was just like American ballet. It was funny that the court jester, one of the most impressive dancing characters was Asian. They have to be number one at everything.



The plot I finally recognized half way through the show and there was a lady behind me bellowing "Bravo" everytime anyone did anything. That was pretty entertaining. I had no idea figuring out the plot of a ballet would cause me to think back on odd childhood memories. All in all, the night was fun, we went for McDonalds right after because it was close to the theater, and it was fast. It was also almost 11 at night and everything else PG rated was closed. We could have gone into a gentlemans club but that might have ended poorly.



Church is always fun. It truly does make me feel better going to church and thinking about nothing but divinely related topics for three hours. You never realize how much you have until it gets taken away from you.



Teaching was rough. In level one, all of the kids are calling me a beach because they think it is the other word. I find it really funny, but I have to save face because these kids need some dicipline in their lives and poor Ted would love to teach instead of punish. I have sat in many a class and tired to help the best that I can. I am the mean one that makes them sit in their seats so that is why I am a sandy water front. lol



My apartment is still missing a kitchen and there were nine people that stayed here last night. There should be a max of five. There is not enough space to breath and I am really frustrated. Tonight is their last night so hopefully I don't get in trouble with the owner of the apartment. If they find out that there are more than six people in here, they will kick ILP out of here and we will have to find a new place to have headquaters. It has been super stressful and messy, but I am learning and trying and hopefully I can make this all work out without getting evicted and making people hate me for being a beach at home too.



We visited Red Square and the Chapel of Jesus Christ Our Savior, we also visited Peter the Great riding a whole bunch of Jamacian ships that looks like shipwreck cove on Pirates of the Carribean. We have also rode the metros a lot. I am glad that I played Wii Fit before I left because the balance games have really paid off on the metros. ROFL Sometimes the car will be too full so I can't hold on to a bar. I have to free style ride the metro. I haven't fallen down in the cars yet. I did fall into the snow though. It is cold here, so when the snow melts even a little, it freezes into this horrible ice and my boots are made for walking in the snow, not across ice. It's ok though, falling on ice can be an adventureous sport.


I could use some peanut butter. Other than that, I am really good. After all the people leave my house I will be great and this is pancake week were the Russians only eat blini (crepes) for an entire week. It is incredible. After this week I will be bursting with happiness.
I am still trying to make the pictures work and failing miserab ly. The first picture is the lighting at the ballet, the second picture is my group on our way to school, and the third is me in front of the Church of Chirst...the really long name. If you want to see me facebook will have them all posted.


2 comments:

Luke and Erin said...

To make the pictures work...when you post them choose Large and Center. That is the best look and the easiest way to view them :)

Sounds like you are doing a great job... ya beach! THAT IS ROFL worthy. They do it just to get a rise out of ya. You are the boss and that means you have to be a little mean. It is better to be in good standings with ILP and the place where you live, than the teachers...ya know. It sucks, they should just respect the rules.

Terra, Rick, Luke and I are going to dinner tomorrow. Should be fun... or somthing close :) Then the Jazz game.
I will see what we can do about the peanut butter. You letter should be coming, I think we mailed it to you.
Have fun, be safe!

Oh, and if you wanted to know, Rach had her baby. Owen. He is really super cute :)

Jake and Madi said...

ok so at first i thought you were writing beach just to avoid writing the other word.... but then realized that's what they were actually calling you. Ah hahahaha. hilarious. so we were looking up the weather in all the places where we have friends and discovered how freezing it actually is over there, it's crazy! so i'm sending you a little arizona heat. WOOSH!! ok sorry for being so weird. miss you, bye!