Friday, October 3, 2008

Bad Day

Today hasn't been the greatest day ever. I have a fever and I am not in control of my emotions. So my bad day really started yesterday when I went to my sociology class. We got our first tests back. I was anticipating at least a B. My test was a C+; normally this wouldn't bother me because I don't believe that tests do what they are meant to do. What pissed me off was that the questions that I missed, I wrote explanations as to why I picked that answer. 8 out of 10 times I had the right answer because of my notes. For example, the true or false statement was; when in moderation drinkers tend to be healthier than people who do not drink at all. I marked it as false and then wrote a note next to it stating that if moderation meant one glass of wine with dinner the statement would be true. She told me that I was wrong and that I could be mad at her for not giving me the point for that question. Tests are supposed to test what you know. I obviously knew the answer to the question and I think that my teacher has a complex. This is the same teacher that said that I talk too much and refuses to call on me because she wants the rest of the class to participate. If you attend Weber State I suggest that you do not take a class from Carla Trentelman.
While I was shopping with my mom, I get a text message from one of the best friends I have ever had telling me that he is going to be incarcerated at the end of this month. I will not be able to talk to him near as much as I talk to him now, and he has been one of the only rocks in my life saving me from the currents. I don't know any of the details about how this is going to go down or how long he is going to be there and I am sick about it. Then I pulled into my driveway.
My mom and I had gone to get Chinese food and drugs for my head because it has hurt for three days. We were walking into the house when we saw the majority of the adults living in our house outside with our cat, Sasha. They were shaving her fur with a double edged razor. It turns out that she had gone through a hay-bailer and was choking to death because the fur and weeds were wrapped so tightly around her neck. We are still not sure if she is going to survive because we cannot get the fur to loosen. Her tail is also wrapped up in the fur of her main body causing her some intense pain.
As much as I hate to admit that I have a very tender heart for everything that breathes, I am dying inside because I know that my friend is hurting and I can't do anything for him. I also know that my cat is suffering and there is very little that I can do for her accept put her down. It doesn't help that my emotions are already shot from the beginning of this week and being sick. It has just been a bad day.

1 comments:

Jake and Madi said...

aw megan i love you!!! I'm so sorry your life is so hard right now! just know there is a girl in the arizona desert who's thinking of you!